MALAYSIA : Facebook user Sasha Lim was un-pleasantly surprised when she opened up a bar of Cadbury Chocolate Bar to enjoy some chocolate and found a worm in her bar of chocolate.
Lim’s Facebook post, which dates November 7 2016, told her encounter with the little critter after she opened a bar of Cadbury Chocolate, only to find a large hole in the bar of chocolate, of which a worm sprung out from. Judging by the video uploaded by Lim, the worm must have burrowed itself into the chocolate bar.
From the photos shared by Lim of the ‘chocolate bar in question’, the packaging appears to still be intact (apart from the tear Lim made to unpackage the chocolate bar), which points to the fact that the worm only could’ve gotten into the chocolate bar packaging before it was packaged at the Cadbury factory.
Cadbury came into fire not too long ago regarding it’s halal certification, generating unwanted buzz from the public and from the press who questioned the halal certification of the chocolate-producing conglomerate, followed by a few accusations being thrown around.
Will Cadbury be under public scrutiny again this time for the ‘surprise guest’ in its chocolate?
Nonetheless, always check your food before consuming it- packaged or not. – The Inscriber